Thursday, April 7, 2011

American Idol Top 9

This was was a pretty solid week.  To be honest, there were no bad performances.  As you know, it was Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame week, and the contestants brought their game.  Well, I only have three reviews to do now because Thia was voted off last week :(

Scotty McCreery
Besides Paul, I think Scotty had the best performance of the night.  Never have I seen him so happy to be on stage with such a wide smile.  He showed that he is not a one-trick country pony.  He tackled Elvis who is his childhood hero and had my whole family grooving in their seats.  After that performance, I say they should just crown him the winner.  He has really proved that he is an American Idol.

Paul McDonald
Wow!  Paul is back!  As you know, Paul has had a few rough weeks lately and I was really hoping he could bounce back because he is in danger of going home.  He got the pimp spot this week and completely blew me away.  I think this is his best performance ever.  He really showed off the unique tone he has in his voice, and he simply had the audience rockin'.  I really hope this performance saves him from elimination tonight.

Lauren Alaina
Lauren had another great night.  She didn't amaze me, but it was another solid performance.  What I loved most about the performance was her outfit.  Gwen Stefani styled the girls so it was a total Gwen outfit.  Lauren just has that magic charm, and I really hope she makes it to the top.

I think this week the Bottom 3 will be Stefano, Jacob and Hailey, with Stefano going home.  I have never liked Stefano, but these past few weeks he has just been subpar.  He has zero connection with the audience, and just hasn't grown at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment