Saturday, January 24, 2015

'FourFiveSeconds' by Rihanna featuring Kanye West & Paul McCartney

In a move that shocked the nation and the Navy, Rihanna dropped her new song this evening. It's been two years since the release of Rihanna's last album, and when November came and went no one was sure what was happening. In true Rih Rih fashion, she doesn't give a phuck and decided to tease us with something new.

Rihanna tweeted out the link to her new song 'FourFiveSeconds' and remarks that it's a taste of her new sound. Whether this is the lead single or simply a buzz track is unclear at the moment, but it's sure to shake things up.

'FourFiveSeconds' features Kanye West and Paul McCartney, and features an entirely new sound for our fearless Navy admiral. The song straddles the line between folk and gospel with McCartney strumming the guitar like nobody's business and a languid organ backing Rih during her verses. "I think I've had enough, I might get a little drunk / I say what's on my mind, I might do a little time / Cause all of my kindness, is taken for weakness," she sings.

It's not anything exciting, but what is important here is that Rihanna is finally singing. She actually gives us some range and pushes her voice unlike we've heard before. It's refreshing to say the least. I'm going to need her to give us some pussy-popping beats on her record, but I'm all for these natural and powerful vocals.

The floodgates are open, and that Rihanna reign isn't about to let up anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment