Wednesday, January 27, 2016

'Work' by Rihanna featuring Drake

After rumors have been circulating for weeks, Rihanna is finally gracing us with her long-anticipated eighth studio album ANTi this Friday. Just this morning, the lead single (ummmm, what about 'Bitch Better Have My Money'?) premiered on radio stations across the globe following cryptic tweets sent out last night.

The phresh new single, 'Work', features Drake and is certainly, um, something. Listen, with all the hype surrounding ANTi and the lengthy pushbacks, anything at this point is just going to be underwhelming. 'Work' just isn't that fire I was looking for. It's definitely a solid album track, but lead single? Not so much.

In usual RiRi fashion it's incredibly catchy and easy to memorize, and with a few listens it's definitely grown on me. I actually am living for Drake's verse which is fiyah. The bulk of the work is going to be done by her Grammy's performance and eventual video release because we know our Barbadian queen never fails in that regard.

ANTi is out this Friday and I'm just hoping it's not a disappointment because this year has been dry in music so far and I need Rihsus to save my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment