Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol Top 11 Redux

After last week's "shocking" elimination, the Top 11 are back singing the songs of the legendary Elton John.  Since the Save was used last week that means two people will be going home tonight.  All 11 contestants did really well last night (with the exception of Naima) so it'll be interesting to see who America sends home.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty just gets better and better every week.  He picked Elton John's one and only country song, and he nailed it.  He just keeps putting on a great show every single week.  Like Randy said, he's a seasoned performer and I couldn't be happier.  I truly think this little ole country boy could win the competition.

Paul McDonald
I still love Paul, and even though he has had a few rough weeks I really think he deserves to stay in the competition.  I thought his performance this week was much better, and he finally showed off his tender side like I had wanted him to.  When he sings softly like that it's so beautiful, and hopefully the American public will keep him around for a while longer.

Thia Megia
Thia had her moment!!!  This is the Thia I've wanted to see for so long.  She took a beautiful song, fueled it with strong emotions about her brother, and nailed it on stage.  I was really surprised that the judges weren't jumping up and down.  She gave me chills and I felt every ounce of her emotion radiating off the TV.  If she delivers another strong performance like this I think she could stay around a little longer.  The only problem is that I think she may be going home tonight.

Lauren Alaina
Lauren was amazing again!  After she got her confidence back two weeks ago she has brought her A game every single week.  'Candle In the Wind' is probably one of the most famous songs of all time, and she nailed it.  She added her own little country twang to it, and it came out beautiful.  She could go to the Top 3!

Naima was absolutely horrible this week.  I really hope she goes home, but it seems like she has a huge fanbase.  As much as I hate to say it, Casey redeemed himself and definitely won't be leaving anytime soon.   I still don't think Stefano's doing well and he probably could go home tonight.  As much as I hate to say it, Paul and Thia are probably in danger, and since two are going home one of them will probably leave.  We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment