Monday, March 21, 2011

'I Am the Dance Commander + I Command You to Dance: The Remix Album' by Ke$ha

Holy dubstep!  Ke$ha's newest remix album is incredible!  I think I actually prefer it over her debut album 'Animal' - that's how good this is.  Ke$ha's music is already dancey club music, but these songs even top their predecessors.  Most of the songs almost sound as if they're brand new, they're remixed that well.  And hey! this is my first album review.

1. Blow (Cirkut Remix) - 8/10

Dfinitely my favorite song off the album.  It was already a catchy song and very danceable, but Cirkut made it even better.  I actually prefer this to the original version.  Plus, it has a sick dubstep beat.  I am infatuated with dubstep at the moment, and this makes me go crazy.  If you listen to no other song on the album, listen to this one.  You won't regret it.

2. The Sleazy Remix (feat. Andre 3000) - 6/10

For the msot part, this is untouched from the album version.  The only real difference is Andre 3000's rap in the beginning.  He has a really great rap, and it only adds to an already great song.  I rated it so low just because of the fact that it isn't a "true" remix like the rest of the album.

3. Tik Tok (Untold Remix) - 6/10

The dubstep is back!  Tik Tok is obviously Ke$ha's most successful song, but this sounds like an entirely new song.  It has a lot harder beat and isn't as "pop-y" as the original, but nonetheless it is a solid remix.  Not my favorite.  It does get a tad boring after the first minute.

4. F**k Him He's a DJ - 7/10

As the only new song on the album, I expected it to be a little better.  It's definitely your typical Ke$ha song with the sing-song rapping, but it's nothing outstanding.  My favorite part of the song is the chorus with Ke$ha shouting "F**k him he's a DJ!" but otherwise it's just your average tune.

5. Animal (Switch Remix) - 8/10

Once again the dubstep is back and better than ever.  Out of all the songs this one definitely shows the sound off the best.  What really makes me like this song the most is the incredible difference there is between the original and the remix.  Animal was definitely one of the weakest tracks on her debut album, but this is totally different - and I love it!  Ahh, the dubstep is so infectious (you can definitely tell I'm addicted to dubstep can't you?).

6. Your Love Is My Drug (Dave Aude Radio) - 7/10

'Your Love Is My Drug' is a fun catchy song anyway, but Dave Aude's smooth lining on the song makes it even more addictive.  All of Dave Aude's stuff is really light and airy and this one is no different.  It makes for a great contrast on the album between the hard-hitting club beats and the more laid-back feel.

7. We R Who We R (Fred Falke Club Mix) - 6/10

This one is more of you average remix.  Nothing outstanding, but it's a solid song. 

8. Take It Off (Billboard Radio Remix) - 7/10

Billboard is an up-and-coming producer in the music world, recently working on some of Britney Spears' new music and a remix of Adam Lambert's 'Aftermath.'  'Take It Off' is one of my more favorite Ke$ha songs so I instantly liked this one.  The beat that Billboard added is great, and just made an already great song even better.  Look out because Billboard's taking over the music scene!

9. Tik Tok (Chuck Buckett's Veruca Salt Remix) -7/10

I was hpoing there wouldn't be two remixes of the same song on this album, but I was proven wrong.  Again, this sounds nothing like the original, but I think it's pretty good.  I definitely prefer it over the Untold Remix.  Another great party song but nothing special.

10. Blah Blah Blah (DJ Skeet Skeet Radio Remix) [feat. 3OH!3] -6/10

Another great Ke$ha song, but the remix wasn't anything special.  It sounds pretty identical to the original so I was a little underwhelmed.  Would have liked something better from this one.

Overall I thought it was a good remix album.  Not many people can pull off a good remix album (Britney had a great one), msotly because they go for the 6-10 minute remixes that are so annoying.  Ke$ha very wisely chose to keep them normal length.  This album definitely had it's weaknesses, but it was another solid album from the party girl herself.  I really wish I was going to her concert in April.  Ughh!!

Noteworthy songss:  Blow (Cirkut Remix) and Animal (Switch Remix).

You can buy the album from iTunes HERE.

Hope you guys enjoyed my first album review!  There will be many more to come - I promise.  Panic! At the Disco is on deck so watch out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment