Sunday, September 16, 2012

And the New American Idol Judges Are...

Just minutes ago, the new American Idol panel of judges was revealed. Joining Randy Jackson will be the best-selling female recording artist of all-time Mariah Carey, platinum-selling rapper Nicki Minaj and country superstar Keith Urban. The first round of auditions begin today and tomorrow at Lincoln Center in New York City. If you've read my other posts, you will remember that I said Enrique Iglesias would be replacing Randy. Apparently, Enrique wanted around $15 million but they only offered him $7 million. Please, as if he's worth as much as Britney Spears and Mariah Carey. I'm actually really happy that Enrique backed out because I didn't think he would be a good judge, but now were stuck with the snooze-fest that is Randy Jackson. I'm so tired of him and his clichéd critiques. BUT since he is so close to Mariah both professionally and personally I think it'll add an interesting dynamic. This will be an interesting season for sure so make sure you check it out when Season 12 premieres in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment