Tuesday, October 9, 2012

'She Bad Bad' by Eve

I know it's been a long time, but rapper Eve is back in the game!!! I can not believe how excited I am to be writing this post right now. I originally got into Eve's music when she released the highly catchy single 'Tambourine' back in 2007. The song's one of my favorite rap songs EVER, and so when her album Here I Am was delayed multiple times and eventually scrapped I was bummed. BUT Eve is planning on releasing her new album Lip Lock next year which will be her first album in eleven years. It's unbelievable that it's been so long, but I think it's going to be worth the wait. The first promo single off the album is 'She Bad Bad' which was released just hours ago. The song is insanely good, much better than I would have expected. It's got an African tribal vibe in some parts, and then it has explosive and fiery raps in other parts. And to top it all it has this crazy and siiiiiiick beat that only makes the song even more incredible. I really hope Eve can get back in the game because we need more hardcore female rappers on the music scene. From what I've witnessed over the past few years is that if you're not releasing an album every two years or so and appearing on TV shows, releasing fragrances and books it's very hard to have any kind of success. IF she pulls it off, 2013 could be a great year in rap with Missy Elliott making her comeback as well. Here's to hoping that my girl Eve can pull it out the bag.

The lyrics of the song also show she's ready to take over the music scene once more:
"Now I’m back, forget about those other chicks, you won’t miss them,
E-V-E hungry like a lion, I ain’t never easy, never scared why you trying?
You gimmick make me sicki, what you selling I ain’t buyin’
Man, I live up at the top, so you keep climbing."

No comments:

Post a Comment