Friday, July 5, 2013

'Tunnel Vision' Music Video by Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake released his new music video for his third single 'Tunnel Vision', and hours after it premiered on YouTube it was banned. I just listened to Justin's The 20/20 Experience again during our 11 hour car ride to Connecticut, and 'Tunnel Vision' is by far one of the best tracks on the album. However, Justin has upset me with the video. JT is one of the few male artists out there that I actually like and who makes quality music, so I always expect the best from him and for him to push creative boundaries. In this video, however, the entire thing is just naked women twisting about. It's literally boob boobs boobs. I don't have a problem with nudity, especially in an artistic setting otherwise I would never watch as many HBO shows as I do, but it's just too much here. I don't find the nudity here artistic, I just see it as a cheap ploy to gain views and attention. I never thought Justin would resort to this type of thing. The aesthetic of the video, however, I love. I love the way it was filmed, and it could have been a great video. I can't wait to start hearing 'Tunnel Vision' on the radio, but as for the video, I'm just gonna forget this ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment