Monday, March 28, 2011

American Idol Top 11

Like I said, last week was crazy so I never got around to doing this week's review.  Wow, what a week! The judges used their one save of the season (not happy about it), and Hulk Hogan was on.  Definitely did not see that coming.  The theme this week was Motown, and for the most part the contestants did a pretty good job.  

Scotty McCreery

Scotty was amazing!  Once again he delivered another strong performance and really entertained the crowd.  I think this was the week that would test Scotty and prove to America if he could really win this competition.  It was the first week where Scotty had to leave his comfort zone, but he took a Stevie Wonder song and turned it into a country hit.  I truly believe Scotty could win this whole competition.

Paul McDonald

Paul sang 'Tracks of My Tears' (a song that Adam did back in Season 8 in a beautiful acoustic rendition) with his guitar, but it was just okay.  He seemed a little shaky and wasn't up to par.  I hope he really finds his comfort zone on the show soon so that he can really flourish.  I love him, but it feels like he is being swallowed up in the competition.

Thia Megia

I was really disappointed this week.  Thia finally picked an upbeat song, but it was really boring.  She needs to do a better uptempo song that is more well-known and recent that she could have more fun with.  She just seems bored up there, and that is probably what will kill her in the long-run.  She is more a contemporary singer and the themes on the show just don't help that kind of singer.  Let's hope for a better week this week.

Lauren Alaina

Again, Lauren is back!  Another great performance.  She is really starting to come into her own and deliver the strong performances that she showed us in the audition round.  Let's hope for more success from Lauren in the weeks to come!

I was really upset that they saved Casey this week: this is exactly why I hate the save.  It's simply a way to add "drama" to show.  Casey was eliminated for a reason: he had the lowest number of votes so he does not belong on the show.  America votes and they made their decision.  Hopefully he'll just be kicked off next week.  And like I've said before, James Durbin needs to stop screaming.  It's getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment