Wednesday, May 25, 2011

American Idol Finale

The finale of American Idol has finally arrived.  I can't believe another year has come and gone.  This has been a great season and a great step forward in the history of the show.  I have also greatly enjoyed my time blogging the show for the first time and it will only continue to get better next year.  Both Scotty and Lauren sang their favorite song from the season thus far, a song picked by one of their Idol's and then of course their winner's singles.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty's reprisal song was 'Gone' which was one of his best performances on the show.  I felt there was no better way to open the show than this, and he completely slayed the song.  He showed who he is as an artist with this and why America fell in love with him.


Lauren Alaina
Lauren chose 'Flat On the Floor' which again was a perfect way to start.  This is who she will be in the future, and so it was amazing.  The whole vocal drama was way overplayed and even though you could tell her vice was a little weak it was still very good.


Scotty McCreery
Randy Travis chose Scotty's next song, but I was kind of disappointed.  I didn't think it was all that great of a song, and it really didn't show him off vocally.  I felt it was very safe.  Definitely not what he should have been doing at this stage in the competition.


Lauren Alaina
Carrie Underwood chose Lauren's song, and it was a really good choice.  She sang it really well and showed who she is as an artist.  Personally, I think Lauren beat Scotty in the second round.


Scotty McCreery
Scotty's winner single was actually pretty good.  I could have done without the arm gestures when he sang "Your Love Is This Big", but it wasn't as sappy as the songs usually are.  Scotty could definitely do well on the radio with this.


Lauren Alaina
While I thought the song was a little corny and sappy, she did give a huge vocal.  Other than her song last week I think this was her second best vocal of the season.  She delivered the song 110% and won the night with this song.

Like I said, Lauren won the night for me, but I know Scotty is going to win.  He has been the most consistent throughout the competition and is more real world ready than Alaina.  I'm so happy that the person I wanted to win from Day 1 is finally going to win.  Well, that wraps up my final American Idol blog of the year.  Hope you enjoyed it; I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment