Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The X Factor USA: Top 4 - The Semi-Final

Wow!  So this is going to be a very short post since the only contestant left in the competition that I like is Melanie Amaro.  Rachel Crow's shocking and controversial elimination last week sent me reeling, and I still can't get over Nicole's inability to do her job.  Anyway, on this week of The X Factor each contestant sang a song that the fans voted for as part of the Pepsi Challenge, as well as a song to get them into the finals.  Melanie had the performance of the season tonight (along with a standing ovation from all four judges) while Marcus was weak beyond on belief, Chris was boring as usual and I only liked one Josh song.  Well, let's get to the short but sweet review!

Melanie Amaro
Not many people can take on Mariah Carey, but Melanie did a good job with her iconic song 'Hero'.  I have to admit, with the change from major to minor chords the song sounded a bit off, but it made it memorable.  Melanie delivered a beautiful vocal as always, and she most definitely won Round 1.

Melanie Amaro
Performance of the season right there ladies and gentlemen!  'Feelin' Good' is one of my all-time favorite songs, and even though I don't think any performance will ever top Adam Lambert's on 'American Idol' this one was a close second.  Melanie delivered a vocal performance unlike anything she has done in the past.  It was simply spectacular.  If Melanie doesn't win next week then this show is a complete joke.

Overall, the show was beyond boring.  With only one contestant remaining that I genuinely feel a connection with the show is just dragging on at this point.  With the exception of Simon, all that comes out of the mouths of the other judges is pure dribble.  Marcus was by far the weakest tonight, and if he doesn't go home then I don't know what's up with America.  Well, I guess that's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment