Saturday, January 28, 2012

'Hair' Music Video Inspired by Lady GaGa

You always hear people say "that's the power of music" and I know that I myself have written it many times on the blog, but nine times out of ten it is just thrown out there casually to express a fleeting emotion.  Very rarely is it used in the correct context to describe the power of a piece of art that makes a statement, enlightens and works for the greater good.  Lady GaGa is one person who continually produces music that has the power to do all those things.  'Hair' is a song on her third album 'Born This Way' which has a very emotional story behind it that GaGa has shared on many occasions.  She has even dedicated it to people like Jeremy Rodemeyer who was one of many kids who have committed suicide because of being bullied.  It's a song that has had so much impact while very few people have acknowledged it.  It's no wonder why a group of students chose it to make a statement.

This video has been making its way across the internet, and as soon as I watched it I knew I had to share it with all of you.  A group of students (most of whom are gay) created this music video, complete with choreography, as part of the It Gets Better campaign.  Immitation is said to be the highest form of flattery, and if I were GaGa I would be more flattered than anything.  This video is truly incredible just because of the choreography alone which I thought was exquisite and better than most of which is done by professionals in the music industry.  But more importantly, it's amazing because of the message it got across.  It's stuff like this that gives hope to so many people and restores my faith in humankind.

1 comment: