Thursday, July 26, 2012

Songs from My Childhood: 'I Want Candy'

Aaron Carter was the Justin Bieber of the late 90s / early 2000s. Aaron was one of those kids who burst onto the scene and just took over. I had two of his CDs and I played them over and over and over again. I even forced my mom to have one of them in the car's CD player and we would listen to it constantly. He made great pop music, and always was entertaining. Being the younger brother of the Backstreet Boys' member Nick Carter definitely had to have been hard, but Aaron was always my favorite. From his sophomoroe album, Aaron's Party (Come Get It), the the second single was my all-time favorite Aaron jam: 'I Want Candy'. This was probably my favorite song of 2000. His album sold over 3 million copies, and he performed the song on Lizzie McGuire with Hilary Duff. Even though he's basically all but dropped off the face of the earth, Aaron will be a major part of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment