Wednesday, September 26, 2012

'Diamonds' by Rihanna

Just this morning, the Bajan beauty and songstress Rihanna released the first single off her upcoming seventh album tentatively titled Chapter 7, her fourth album in four years. The song is a dance song unlike you've ever heard from Rihanna. 'Diamonds' was written by Sia, and it is clear that her signature vocal style is all over the song which I am diggin'. Rihanna describes it as a "happy and hippy record" which is clearly demonstrated through the lyrics as she sings "You’re a shooting star I see / A vision of ecstasy / When you hold me, I’m alive / We’re like diamonds in the sky." It's such a beautiful song, and I actually really like the direction she's heading. This is a much better Rihanna musically that I would be proud to support. If she releases an album full of songs like this I can foresee Rihanna reaching the ultimate high of her career. Thank you Rihanna for redeeming my faith in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment