Sunday, April 28, 2013

'Back to Black' by Beyoncé & André 3000

The Great Gatsby soundtrack is leaking track by track, and yesterday we got the highly anticipated cover of Amy Winehouse's song 'Back to Black' by Beyoncé and André 3000. Bey and André both in their own rights are geniuses so I had high hopes for this track. I love the production they did to the song because it's so drastically different from the original and unique, but alas, the track really suffers. It's nowhere near as amazing as it could have been, and I actually dislike it quite a bit. The track gets 10x better once Beyoncé comes in half-way through, but it's not really enough for her to save it. It's more of a slap in the face to Amy than anything else. It'll be interesting to see it in the context of the film, but as a standalone track I'm not happy.

This is the only version of the track out there, and it's heavily tagged so I apologize:


No comments:

Post a Comment