Friday, January 23, 2015

'Conscious' by Britney Spears

Merry Britmas, ya'll! Last night we were graced with an unreleased Britney Spears song. The Original Doll era is one of the most secret and mysterious moments of Britney's career, and every year we seem to get a couple leaks closer to understanding the left-lane artsy-fartsy opus that Britney seems to want to recreate for her next album.

'Conscious' was written by Michelle Bell who also wrote 'Chaotic' and '(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun'. She's really the only link to that elusive album having leaked several demos over the years. The song starts off with some heavy guitar chords and drums which throw us into a 'Peep Show' realm where Britney really lets loose. I mean, damn, those vocals are strong.

Britney always shines when she's singing about sex, and this one is no different. It's all very hands on, and the moody strings and Brit's gravely voice make a strong impact. The femme fatale sings, "You are my conscience, forsake you I won't, I won't / You are my promise, don't break me, I'll fall." Let's just ignore the fact that Bell titled the song 'Conscious' when in fact Brit only ever sings about her "conscience."

I'm incredibly vibing to this song, and it only makes me yearn for moah. Someone leak 'Rebellion', I'm begging.

No comments:

Post a Comment