Thursday, May 14, 2015

'Poison' by Rita Ora

Rita Ora's 'I Will Never Let You Down' ruled Summer 2014 and turned me into a huge fan, and her appearance on Iggy's 'Black Widow' was another hit. However, her sophomore album never surfaced because executive producer-Calvin Harris refused to let her release any of his work after their nasty break-up. Rita's moved on and she's coming back strong.

'Poison' is the second single from her upcoming sophomore album, and it may not have that special Calvin Harris production but this one is all Ora. The song is a triumphant slow-burning uptempo that is perfectly crafted for summer radio. It has the perfect amount of ooh oohs and catchiness to ensure her a hit.

"Nothing can kill me like you do / You go straight to my eye / Now head straight for the edge / I pick my poison and it's you," the British chanteuse sings over the anthemic beat. Only time will tell if Rita Ora will have any long-term success, but at least she has her Fifty Shades of Grey cameo to fall back on if she needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment