Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TODAY: Graduation

Today's my high school graduation!  I can't believe that this day has finally come.  It feels like just yesterday that I was in elementary school and it felt like it would be a lifetime before I finished school.  Now the day has come and I am saddened that school is over, but I am also very excited to go off to New York University in a few months and begin my college career.  It's going to be hard to leave behind my family, but I know that this time was always inevitable.  I am so happy right now, though, to be back in Germany with my old classmates and to be graduating.  How many kids get to graduate from Germany?  I am so blessed for all the sacrifices that my parents have made for me and for the opportunities that I get to enjoy.  Well, my time to finish high school officially is here...

UPDATE:
I just wanted to fill you guys in on my wonderful graduation experience.  On Tuesday morning all the seniors gathered at the officer's club to have breakfast, and I was greeted with a wonderfully warm hug from my favorite fashion blogger, Amber Callan.  I got to see many of my wonderful friends and just enjoy my time.  Afterwards, we headed to the amazing Fritz-Walter-Stadion for graduation rehearsal.  It actually went by pretty quick.  While I was sitting in the stands and looking out onto the field, I finally realized that I was graduating.  That was the first moment when it finally started to sink in that I was almost a high school graduate.
Traffic into Kaiserslautern was crazy, but we finally made it and the ceremony began.  The ceremony was just as beautiful as I had remembered it from last year, and it went really well.  Mr. Nukala's speech was as great as ever, and it was even more meaningful since he was retiring this year.  It was fun listening to everyone's 40 Words, but by the time about half of our class had gone through it started to get a bit boring.  Otherwise, the ceremony was beautiful and I am now officially a high school graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment