Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol Top 7

This week's theme was 21st Century Songs, and I was a little scared when I first heard this.  Why did they pick this when the judges always say "Don't sing contemporary songs"?  The contestants actually did really well tonight, although it wasn't anything spectacular.  Since Paul was kicked off last week *sniffle* I only have two reviews to do tonight.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty chose to sing Lee Ann Rimes' "Swingin'" this week, and I must say, it was a safe song.  He gave a great, fun performance, but there wasn't anything spectacular about it.  I hope Scotty takes the judges' critiques and does something amazing next week.  I truly believe he will win the show, but he needs to cement that by giving better performances.

Lauren Alaina
Just as with Scotty, Lauren gave a sub par performance.  She has great vocals and the song was good, it was just a little safe.  I hope the fact that Jimmy Iovine told her she's a better singer than Miley Cyrus will give her some much needed confidence.  That's the only thing standing in her way from winning the Idol crown.  She needs to believe in herself and just give an out-of-this-world performance.  I know she can do it, and I hope to see that from her.

James absolutely desecrated one of Muse's songs.  It was good up until the horrendous screams.  Haley was a fool to think she could take on Adele.  No one can match Adele at the moment, and Haley simply paled in comparison.  Jacob was much better than he has been in weeks.  I think the Bottom 3 will be Jacob, Stefano and Haley (possibly Casey replacing Jacob).  I truly can't decide who will go home.  Katy Perry's performing so definitely look out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment