Thursday, April 21, 2011

'Run the World (Girls)' by Beyonce

 
Beyonce released the lead single for her upsoming album today, and I must say that I am disappointed.  Beyonce has always been one of my favorites, mainly because she is usually making music that is different than anything else out at the moment.  'Run the World (Girls)' is a girl empowerment anthem, but it could not be any more bland or boring.  There's just a simple drum line in the background (something that Gwen Stefani made popuar in 'Hollaback Girl' and by now is overused). The lyrics are also very unoriginal.  Basically, for four minute Beyonce exclaims, "Who run the world?  Girls!" and "We run this mutha" repeatedly.   It lacks the originality that Beyonce usually brings to the music scene.  I'm hoping the rest of the album is much better than this.  I'm disappointed Bey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment