Tuesday, October 15, 2013

'Rap God' by Eminem

Eminem is ready to release his new album The Marshall Mathers LP 2, and following his single 'Berzerk' he has just released what may be the greatest rap song of the last few years. On 'Rap God' Em proves that he is just that: a rap god. The song clocks in at over six minutes, and it's six minutes filled with epic verses, Eminem rapping spit fire, and proclaiming that he is the god of rap. My favorite part of the song is that there are about a million different pop culture references which makes it so much fun to listen to for me. Eminem takes on Superman and Zod and even The Walking Dead, and basically drags every naysayer out there. It's six minutes of pure bliss, and after this I don't think that anyone can deny Eminem is the one and only rap god. I'm not a huge fan of rap, but I am very excited to hear this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment