Thursday, September 13, 2012

'The Boys' by Nicki Minaj featuring Cassie

Nicki Minaj is prepping the re-release of her album, called Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up, and the album will feature five to eight new rap songs. The first single off the album, 'The Boys', was released this morning, and it features Cassie. This song is definitely going to take a few listens to get used to. It's not outstanding, but it's not bad either. 'The Boys' is really a hodge-podge of different sounds and styles with Nicki's signature rapping, Cassie bringing the R&B swag, and there's even a pop sound about it. I'm not really sure what to make of it, but what I think I'm missing the most from the song is Nicki's great in-your-face moments. The song doesn't really have that and so it falls a bit flat. Hopefully it'll grow on me, and I can't wait to listen to all the new songs come November!

No comments:

Post a Comment