Thursday, September 13, 2012

America's Got Talent 2012: Finale

After many, many weeks of episodes, we have finally arrived at the finale of America's Got Talent! This year was, by far, the best year of AGT since I started watching it two years ago. Never has there been so much talent in the finale before. Going into the show I had my ranking of where I wanted everyone to end up, but after watching the show some acts did worse than I hoped they would. On to the final recap of the year!

David Garibaldi and His CMYK's
David pulled off another amazing piece of art this week. Like always, I had no idea what the final picture was going to be. And not only did he keep us on the edges of our seats, but he also painted it upside down. The final picture was Albert Einstein, and it was actually an incredibly great portrait. I want to buy it! I really hope they're at least in the Top 3 because they deserve it.

Tom Cotter
Tom actually let me down a bit this week. I just didn't think his material was as creative or funny as it has been in the past. Maybe that's because he let a die decide what topic he was going to do. The perverted nature of childhood is something that's been done numerous times before so it didn't feel fresh. This was a big blunder for me.

The Untouchables
Since this is the finale I'll go ahead and blog about these kids. I've never liked them since the beginning, and I really didn't like their performance last night either. I felt is was cheesy to the extreme, and I was bored by it. They definitely are extremely talented kids, but I would never pay to go see them in Vegas.

Joe Castillo
The Sandman (as I like to call him) disappointed me majorly this week. Every week he comes out and gives a moving and emotional performance, but this time all he did was change a figure into each of the three judges. It was soooo boring, and I didn't feel like the performance did him any justice. I'm thinking after this performance he'll probably come in sixth place. 

William Close
I didn't care for his last performance, but this week's was the epitome of art and who he is as a musician and performer. The performance got even bigger, adding new instruments and a new singer, and it was just perfect. If he doesn't win the show this year then I don't know what's wrong with America.

Olate Dogs
Olate Dogs have been one of my favorites throughout the year, but this week I was a bit conflicted. On one hand it's extraordinary what these dogs can do and it was so entertaining, but at the same time I felt like most of the act was just a mixture of all their previous performances except with a new theme and a new dog. None of the tricks were new, but it was still highly entertaining. I don't know what America's going to think, but I think it would be safe to say they'll come in second.

As I've iterated many times now, this season was above and beyond any previous year. The finale was short and sweet, but displayed a great crop of talent like the show has never seen. It'll be exciting to see who takes the crown tonight. Bringing on Howard Stern as a judge this year was a great choice, despite the hatred I harbor towards him. He really turned the show around and made it more credible than it has ever been. It's also sad to say that this is the last time we'll ever see Sharon Osbourne as a judge on AGT. She has been one of my favorite judges EVER, and I'm going to miss her sweet yet entertaining judging style. Even though I did a shorter blogging season this time around, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll be right back to blogging the show next summer, but in the meantime check out my weekly Glee-caps that will begin tomorrow! Thanks for reading :)

As an added bonus, here's how I want/think the results will go:
  1. William Close
  2. Olate Dogs
  3. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's
  4. Tom Cotter
  5. The Untouchables
  6. Joe Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment