Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fresh Out the Oven: 'Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)'

Nelly Furtado is back!!!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am to see Nelly taking over the pop world again after her long absence.  Her last album was a Spanish-language album, Mi Plan, which is actually my second favorite album of hers, but she hasn't released an English single since 2010, although she hasn't really been in the public eye and storming the charts since her collabo with Timabaland and Justin Timberlake in 2007.  Her new album, The Spirit Indestructible, is set to be released in May and just this morning the first single was released.  'Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)' is about as big of a song as you can release to kick off a new era.  The beat is sick and relentlessly pounds on.  Upon first listen, I thought Nelly's vocals were a tad on the annoying side, but after multiple listens since I am in love with this creation.  Think of this song as 'Promiscuous' and 'Give It to Me' on steroids.  It's a huge club-banger that I am sure Nelly is going to triumphantly return to the pop scene with.  Nelly's bringin' it so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment