Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fresh Out the Oven: 'Payphone'

Maroon 5 are getting ready to release their most pop-influenced record to date, and the first single has given me high hopes for the album.  To me, Maroon 5 has always been a singles band: I never care for their whole albums, but their singles are always great pieces of music.  If 'Payphone' is any indication of what the overall album will sound like then maybe this will be their first album that I'll love.  The record features Wiz Khalifa, which I really hate because I think he's gross but the band obviously want to reach as many fans as possible.  Otherwise, the song is a great pop record that really blends itself well with Maroon 5's unique sound.  Adam Levine, as always, sounds great and his voice leaves you wanting more when the song finishes.  They'll have another chart-topping song with this one for sure.



And check out the world premiere performance of the song on last night's The Voice:

No comments:

Post a Comment