Friday, April 20, 2012

'Is This Love' by Aiden Grimshaw

So I'm assuming that most of you are reading this and saying "Who??"  Well I'll tell you who this amazing man is.  Aiden Grimshaw was on The X Factor UK two years ago, the same year as One Direction and Cher Lloyd, and unfortunately he came in seventh place (just like Colton Dixon did yesterday on American Idol).  He was by far my favorite contestant that year because he has a very unique voice, and he always switched up his performances week in and week out.  I was shocked when he was eliminated, and the wait for original music has been excruciating.  But just yesterday we were finally treated with Aiden's first single 'Is This Love'.  The song is a big, dark and heavy electronic production that situates itself nicely in the United Kingdom realm of pop music.  It really sounds like a cross between Ellie Goulding and Katy B which I think is an excellent sound for him.  I absolutely love this song, and I am dying to finally hear his debut album Misty Eyes coming out in August.



I've also included some of Aiden's best performances from his time on The X Factor:


No comments:

Post a Comment