Tuesday, April 26, 2011

'Born This Way' by Glee

The episode this week was soooo good!  I have been a little disappointed by Glee recently, but this episode was a total 180.  Not only were the song choices amazing but the plot was to die for.  I won't give out any spoilers, but the episode was all about self-love and the journeys that the characters have had to make throughout their lives.  It was truly a beautiful and poignant episode.


The episode started off with a beautiful duet between Rachel and Quinn.  The song centers around Rachel's desire to get a nose job so that she can be "pretty" like Quinn.  These two really compliment each other well, and they should really consider doing more duets in the future.

We get a solo from Finn, and I must say, this is probably one of his best songs.  It's a very jazzy, Michael Buble type song and he pulls it off beautifully.  He shows off the beautiful tone he has in his voice, and it was really great to see him expand his horizons. 

Next we have another Warblers song, sung as a tribute to Kurt.  Blaine is truly an amazing singer, and I always love their performances.  I really hope this isn't the last we hear from the Warblers this season.  I think we also need to see some more interaction with Klaine.  Maybe they should go on a date or something.  I wonder if they'll go to the Prom together?  The performance was really beautiful though. 

Definitely my second favorite song of the episode.  I truly don't understand why Finn is labeled the "male lead" of the group.  Kurt can sing circles around him any day, and this is another extraordinary example.  I actually got goosebumps listening to Kurt perform.  His voice does amazing things, and you can truly hear the emotion in his voice.  I loved every second of it.  Did you notice that this is the only song in the history of Glee to have been performed in its entirety?  Just some food for thought...

Of course, this was the best song of the episode.  First off, Mr. Schuester's idea for the T-shirts was ingenious.  I loved "Lebanese" and "No Weave!"  Kurt once again steals the show with this GaGa number, and it was just a fun and uplifting song.  Great performance!

I really hope this level of performance is kept up for the rest of the season.  Next week's episode looks intriguing, especially because of Coach Sylvester's incognito attire.  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment