Wednesday, April 20, 2011

'A Night of Neglect' by Glee

Glee has FINALLY returned after a few week-long hiatus.  So glad it's back 'cause I was going through some Glee withdrawals, but I must say, this week's episode was a little boring.  There wasn't much of a plot, and it all seemed a little corny.  Sue compiles her League of Doom to heckle and bring down the Glee club, but in the end they just disband and that's that.  I found the benefit concert to be a little stupid as well. Here come my reviews of the songs.

Sunshine Corazon is back!!!  She was amazing on the first episode of the season when she sang 'Telephone' and I was dying for her to come back.  I personally think she's the best female vocalist on the show.  She needs to be a regular cast member.  Sunshine could take the Glee club to new heights.  Bring back Sunshine!

Here's a little song to highlight the more neglected member of the group, Tina.  While Tina is definitely not a great vocalist, it was nice to finally see her sing a solo song and give a pretty decent vocal performance.  It was kind of a shame though that the show had to make her break down crying in the middle of her performance.  I guess that's just a part of the performance world.

Best performance of the night hands down.  I love having Gwyneth Paltrow on the show.  She is great as the substitute teacher Holly Holliday, and she gave an amazingly good vocal.  Adele's album '21' has captured my heart, and 'Turning Tables' is one of the most beautiful songs on the album.  This performance actually gave me chills.  So sad that Ms. Holliday won't be around for awhile.

I truly love Mercedes and wish that she would be featured more often in the show.  I think she is a much better vocalist and performer than Rachel, and deserves to be in the spotlight.  I thought the song choice was a little boring, but it was solid.  Can't wait to see more from her.

As you can see, I just thought this episode was a little bland.  I am highly anticipating next week's episode entitled 'Born This Way.'  Get ready for 90-Gleekin'-minutes of Glee featuring GaGa's single, as well as some other great songs.  Hopefully next week will be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment