Thursday, May 19, 2011

American Idol Top 3

This week's Idol is definitely the most critical moment of the season.  It determines who will be in the finale so the pressure was on.  Each contestant sang a song of their choice, Jimmy Iovine's choice, and the Judge's pick.  I actually thought the best performances came with the songs not picked by the contestants.  Beyonce was the guest this week, and she also premiered her extremely boring music video.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty's first performance was a strong ballad that really showed off his range.  I;ve wanted him to do something like this for a very long time, and he nailed it.  It really does feel like we're watching a Scotty concert.


Lauren Alaina
For her first song Lauren started the night off strong.  She always seems to do better with uptempo songs, and maybe that's because she can just let go and not have to worry about all the technical difficulties.  This performance just really showed what kind of artist she will be in the not-so-distant future.

Scotty McCreery
This was definitely my favorite Scotty performance of the night.  The way he sang that chorus was amazing.  The song really stretched Scotty's abilities and showed us more of what he can really do.  Jimmy made a great choice.


Lauren Alaina
I actually didn't think this was all that great of a performance.  It just seemed a little boring to me and it just didn't go anywhere.  Jimmy said the song was perfect for her, but I was kind of disappointed.


Scotty McCreery
The judges chose another song with a big chorus in it, and Scotty nailed it.  I was very happy that these songs were chose for him because they really did stretch him and make him a better performance.  This is the kind of stuff that I have always wanted him to do, but he just kind of shied away from it.  Good job Judges!


Lauren Alaina
Best performance of the night.  Hands down.  Lauren killed the song.  I think this will be the performance that puts her into the finale.  If she goes home I will be very disappointed because she let it loose and nailed the song.  I was so happy.

Like I said before, I think it will be Scotty and Lauren in the finale.  I just don't see Haley making it.  She just isn't good to me and it is surprising that she's made it this far.  We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment