Sunday, May 15, 2011

American Idol Top 4

This week on American Idol the theme was Songs That Inspire and the Songs of the Song-writing Duo Leiber and Stoller.  Lady GaGa was the mentor this week, and she made the show so much more interesting.  Overall, this was a very strong week, with the exception of Haley's "Earth Song."  I was pleasantly surprised, and I was very shocked with who got eliminated.

Scotty McCreery
Scotty's first song of the night was "Where Were You."  I must say, I got a little teary-eyed because Mr. McCreery pulled at my heart-strings.  He chose to sing a song about 9/11, and he could not have delivered it any more beautifully.  The story-telling quality of his voice is unforgettable, and I truly hope he wins this show.  He is an incredible showman and performer, and I think he will soar in the country world. 

Lauren Alaina
Go, Lauren!!!!!  I was so excited to hear her sing this.  She gave an unbelievably good vocal, and I think it is with this song that she has secured herself a spot in the finale.  She is gaining her confidence everyday now, and she is getting ready to give Scotty a run for his money.  I was so proud of her during this performance because I knew this is what she was capable of.  Keep it up, Lauren!

Scotty McCreery
This performance could not have been any more of a 180 degree turn from his first performance.  Scotty really knows how to give us a Scotty-concert each week.  This showed that fun side of Scotty that makes him a real person.  He is truly a great performer and entertainer.  I can not wait to hear his debut album.

Lauren Alaina
The performer-Lauren has arrived!  This is the first time that Lauren has ever let loose on stage and just had fun.  She showed us the theatrical and performance side of her that we have yet to see.  She really could be the next Carrie Underwood if she really works hard and gets some more confidence.

Like I said, everyone did really well, except for Haley and her first song.  You can't do one of the toughest Michael Jackson songs.  You just can't.  "Earth Song" is a masterpiece and can only be sung by the King of Pop - why would anyone even attempt to sing that?  That attitude she gave really ticked me off, and I think it was only right that she would go home this week.  When she made it into the Top 3 I was shocked, but I was overjoyed that James was kicked off.  I really could not stand him, and plus, it gives Scotty the crown.  I really think that if Lauren did what she did this week on next week's show then she will come in second place.  Haley needs to go home NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment