Monday, May 16, 2011

The Monster Ball Tour by Lady GaGa

Oh, GaGa.  You really know how to put on a show, don't you?  GaGa has practically been on tour for the past few years of her career putting on extraordinary shows, but unfortunately I never got the chance to attend one of her concerts.  I'm waiting for the Born This Way Ball Tour to finally come around, and then I'll go see her at Madison Square Garden while I'm attending NYU.  Thankfully, for those who were unfortunate like I was, GaGa worked with HBO to produce the show for all the Little Monsters to see.  I must say, it is definitely one of my favorite shows ever.
As all of my loyal readers will know, I have been losing faith in Lady GaGa over the past few months.  Everything has just been sub-par for me, up until this past month.  GaGa had just been gaining too much negativity and I was slowly drifting away from being a Little Monster. After I watched the HBO special I can honestly tell you I am now a fan of hers more so than ever before.  The Monster Ball was meant to be a liberation for all the fans, and GaGa just meant everyone to have a good time.  She was constantly interacting with the fans and really showing her personality.  While all the insane outfits grabbed your attention, and the high-cost production value of the show lured you in, it was, for me, those tender moments when GaGa sat at her piano that made me love the show. 
My favorite part of the show was her performance of 'Speechless' from 'The Fame Monster', which I have included below for your enjoyment.  This is the GaGa I fell in love with five years go.  The girl with the beautiful voice and amazing piano playing skills is the GaGa I love.  Her performance here was so heartfelt and genuine, and the added narration was a plus.  While the talking could be annoying at times because of the sheer amount she did talk, it was just nice to see her interact with her fans.  Everything about the show was really amazing, and now I can't wait to see her on tour.  But first I get to see the Femme Fatale herself Miss Britney Spears in July so I am super pumped for that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment