Friday, June 24, 2011

L.O.V.E.: European Music

Like I've mentioned earlier, one of the things I miss most about Germany, but also Europe in general, is the music scene.  Personally, European music appeals to me much more than American music.  I just can't take Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift anymore because I absolutely despise them and their music.  European music is very strong and powerful to me, and it never ceases to amaze me.  While I was in Germany last week I made a list of all the songs I fell in love with while there, and as soon as I got home I downloaded them all, and since then they have been on repeat.  I definitely wanted to share my favorites with you so that maybe they can spice up your lives.

Now before you kill me, you have to give this one multiple listens.  Nicola Roberts is a member of Girls Aloud, just like Cheryl Cole, and now she is launching her solo career.  Her first single is 'Beat of My Drum' which is a very love/hate sort of song.  It does sound very childish and horrendous at first, but after a few listens it really grows on you and now I am addicted.

This is probably the most representative song of European music.  I had never heard of Example before, but apparently he's extremely popular right now, and I can definitely see why.  The beat goes from being very light and dance-y to being very hard and grinding.  What more can I say, it's very representative of the music scene.

The Saturdays are one of the top girl bands in Europe, and they simply make great music.  I've known about them for a while, but I never really got into their music.  The song 'Notorious' however really caught my attention so I may actually start paying more attention to them from now on.

I have never heard of Calvin Harris before, but it was Kelis that drew me in.  Kelis is one of my favorite all-time singers, and so I really began liking the song.  It isn't anything truly incredible, but it is just another dance song with an infectious beat.


I think we may have found the next David Guetta!  This is basically the same way David Guetta burst onto the scene, by featuring the amazing Kelly Rowland.  This is another smash dancefloor hit that is storming the European music scene.  Kelly's voice only adds another dimension to the song, and I really cannot wait for her next album because I know it's going to be great.

Now we have an actual song from the hit-maker himself David Guetta featuring Snoop Dogg.  In general I dislike Snoop, but when he does a feature on a pop song he is usually pretty good.  This is actually a really amazing song and has been on repeat for a while.  It's got a sick beat, and I am really looking forward to David Guetta's next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment