Thursday, July 21, 2011

America's Got Talent - Quarterfinals, Pt. 1 & 2

Why am I blogging this show?  To be honest, I'm not really sure.  I watch the sow every single year, even though I think it is one of the worst shows on television.  More than 80% of the acts in the live shows are not worthy of a show in Vegas, but nevertheless, I do get invested in a few contestants every year.  I already have a few favorites this year and thought I'd let you guys get to know them.

From last week, only two of the four acts that made it through do I actually like.  One of my top favorites were sent home, but I guess America just didn't get it.

Anna Graceman
Anna is one of those girls that has an incredibly mature and beautiful voice at such a young age, and this is one of the few reasons why I enjoy the show.  She's too young to be on Idol, The Voice or X Factor, but here she can get the recognition she needs.  Her rendition of the song was beautiful, and she will probably be one of the finalists, if not the winner.

Miami All Stars
This group is by far the best dance group in the competition (not including the Silhouettes).  They've got a great repertoire under their belt, and they never cease to amaze me every time they step on stage.

Those Funny Little People
These guys were my second favorite act in the competition, and unfortunately, they were kicked off last week.  I personally thought they were hilarious and extremely entertaining.  They, more so than the rest of the competition, would have a great career in Las Vegas.  It's really a shame.

Steven Retchless
Steven is my favorite act in the entire competition.  Who would have ever thought that my favorite act would be a male pole dancer?  The reason why I love him so much is that the strength and the skill that he possesses is out of this world, and he makes what he does look effortless.  He is an incredible talent, and it really disheartens me how rude and nasty Piers is to Steven.

The Silhouettes
The Silhouettes are an extremely talented and innovative group, and I think either them or Anna will win the show.  The stuff that they can produce with their bodies is amazing and beautiful, and they could definitely have a show in Vegas.  Definitely one of my top favorites this year.

Geechy Guy
Just as with Those Funny Little People, I feel like Geechy Guy is hilarious and he deserved a spot in the semifinals.  Now whether or not he could headline a show in Vegas I don't know, but my brothers and I all loved him.  Again, I don't understand why Piers is so rude to him.

Well, next week I'll be back with more AGT reviews so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment