Friday, August 19, 2011

America's Got Talent - Quarterfinals, Pt. 6

We have finally(!!!) arrived to the last round of the quarter-finals!  This week was the Wild Card round and each judge was allowed to bring back four acts that were previously eliminated to perform for a second chance.  I think the judges did an exceptional job in their choices, with the exclusion of one or two acts, and it was actually a pretty entertaining show.

The Kinetic King
A few weeks ago the Kinetic King's trick went horribly wrong and completely let down everyone.  People were extremely disappointed so Piers brought him back this week to redeem himself.  While the trick was obviously less complicated than his others, it at least went off without a hitch.  It was very enjoyable to watch because of the dedication it must take to accomplish this act.  Not to mention the Kinetic King is a complete nut job and he is funny to watch just as he is.

Those Funny Little People
Those Funny Little People are my favorite act to be on the show this year and I was enthralled when Howie decided to bring them back.  I think they are incredibly entertaining and thoroughly enjoyed this performance.  They really deserved to move on, but there was some fierce competition in this round.  It really infuriates me though how rude Piers is to them.  He is being plain spiteful towards them and I think it is incredibly unprofessional how he acts.  I really think that he needs to apologize to them because he was so disrespectful.

West Springfield Dance Team
I was definitely upset when they were kicked off last week, but I'm glad Sharon brought them back.  They have a lot of potential and could go very far in the competition.  I particularly liked their performance this week because it was inspired by Heath Ledger's Joker portrayal and was eerily awesome.  So glad they got put through to the semi-finals.

The Fiddleheads
I absolutely LOVE these guys.  What they do is very unique by taking pop songs and giving them a bluegrass treatment.  Their last performance was a huge letdown, but they redeemed themselves 100% this week.  They took a great song this week and made it completely their own.  I'm still upset that Piers was rude to them, but at least the audience showed their overwhelming support for the group.  They deserved it.

Overall it was a very good show, and I have a feeling that next week as we enter the semi-finals we will see lots of great performances.  I definitely have a volatile relationship with this show, but let's hope that these next few weeks are amazing and not dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment