Friday, August 19, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are?

'Who Do You Think You Are?' is a genealogical television show that focuses on a celebrity in hopes of finding out more about their past.  I have never watched the show (mainly because no one famous that I actually like has ever been on the show), but recently on the UK version J.K. Rowling was the person who went on the investigative path.  Like I've mentioned before, Jo is my idol and I always keep up with everything she is doing.  I was really interested to see this because it gives me, as a fan, a deeper connection with her and what her life is like.  Anyone who knows anything about Jo knows that she has led a hard life, being a single woman and raising her daughter on a small income.  Her mother also died before ever hearing about Harry Potter, and so Jo wants to discover more of her French heritage to honor her mother.  What she finds is really poetic and poignant in that the women in her family have all been just as tough as she, and many parallels between their lives can be made.  If you have any love for Jo I hope you take the time to check this out because it really is fascinating.




No comments:

Post a Comment