Monday, August 22, 2011

'What Makes You Beautiful' Music Video by One Direction

I can tell you right now that these guys are going to be very successful in the U.K.  The United Kingdom is one of the few places left in the world that still produces successful boy bands.  Just look at the group Take That: they're in their late 40s/early 50s and are still the most successful boy band in the U.K.  While some might say that they are just some manufactured X Factor group and that they're geared for the young tween girls, but what draws them to me is the nostalgia.  I remember those days when I was eight or nine and N*SYNC and the Backstreet Boys were the bomb in music.  While One Direction are nothing new and innovative, they are an homage to the good days, and this video could not be more of an homage to that time.  The video's nothing interesting, but it's the golden standard of a boy band music video.  Check out the video and be reminded of the good ole days!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matthew, I was wondering if you knew of a place to get this song because I can't find it on iTunes and it has been stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing would be to go to listentoyoutube.com, copy the URL and paste it into the box, and then click the button. It will rip the audio from the video and allow you to download it as an mp3. Let me know if it works! And thanks for reading the blog :)

    ReplyDelete