Monday, October 3, 2011

'I Am Unicorn' by Glee

Sorry for the lateness of this post.  It wasn't until Sunday that I realized I hadn't written my review yet, but I spent the wonderful day with some of my relatives so I'm just getting to it now.

This episode is definitely signaling to me that this season is going to be great.  Gone is the overemphasis on the Top 40 songs just for entertainment purposes, and now we are back to the great plot progression that made Glee famous.  Now I know not everyone shares this view; my dad actually thought this episode was incredibly boring and he wants that Top 40 pop music back on the show.  I loved this episode, and I am loving the Broadway numbers.

A duet between Lea Michele and Idina Menzel.  What could be better?  These two have some of the most incredible voices in the world, and every time they do a duet together it gives me chills.  I really hope Shelby becomes a recurring role because she is simply magical on the show.  Great moment between these two.

Kurt's solos never cease to amaze me.  The range he has is absolutely breathtaking, and coupled with the stunts I thought this was one of his best performances.  He really is "the greatest star" and I really hope they do a spin-off with him because next year without Kurt and Rachel will be so blah.

What would a Glee episode these days be without a great Blaine solo?  Another great song, and another great performance.  Not much else to say with this one.

Lots more plot progression in this one!  My two favorite stories were Shelby trying to involve Puck and Quinn in the baby's life, and the healthy competition among the Glee Club members for the school musical.  It was really touching to see Puck with the baby; again, the show is trying to break the stereotypes of our modern day society.  Just because someone is a "bad boy" doesn't mean they don't have a tender side.  It'll be interesting to see how the auditions go for the musical next episode, especially judging from the previews since there will be a major fallout between Mercedes and Rachel.  Hmmm, I wonder what will happen?  Not.  Apparently this week is Glee's best episode ever so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment