Tuesday, October 4, 2011

'Asian F' by Glee

Don't know if this was the best episode ever like the reviews stated, but it was definitely in the upper tier.  The episode had some really great emotional moments and had some amazing performances.  I'm not liking where they're taking Mercedes because she should have more of the solos as she is a better character than Rachel and I feel like they're making her into the bad guy.  Now on to the music:

Great way to start off the episode.  Every song that Mercedes sings is pure gold, and I love that she is trying to embrace who she is with this performance.  Slightly not as good as Jennifer Hudson, but good nonetheless.  

Brittany S. Pearce needs more solos!!!  Ever since the Britney Spears tribute episode I have fallen in love with Brittany.  She actually is a pretty decent singer, but she is also an amazing dancer.  By far she is better than Mike Chang in terms of dancing and I think she nailed the choreography just as well as Beyoncé.  Very enjoyable performance.

Wow.  Mike Chang can actually sing.  When he did his first song last year I was like "Shut him up!"  He was horrendous last year, but in this song he was actually pretty decent.  I don't understand why they are always hyping him up as some amazing dancer, though.  I actually think he's pretty mediocre.  All he does is tricks and he repeats himself over and over again.  Definitely wouldn't win So You Think You Can Dance!

Dreamgirls!  Oh, how I love that musical.  This is one of my favorite songs from the movie, and when I saw these guys performing it in costume I about died.  They did an amazing job with it and I love how they changed the lyrics to fit the show.  My favorite number of the night.

Somewhat of a lackluster performance.  For a call back song that decides who gets the role I thought it would have been a little bit of a better song.  Oh well, they both sang it well.

This was such an emotional number, and I really felt Will's pain in his voice.  Emma really does have a disease and no matter how hard they work to curb her he just can't fix her.  It was a beautiful way to end the episode.

Why is Rachel gonna run for president?  I really think that was an insensitive thing to do since she loves Kurt and he actually deserves it and he even has competition with Brittany.  I just felt like it was a slap in the face.  The moment between Kurt and Blaine was so cute, but it'll be interesting to see how their relationship plays out since Blaine got the part and Kurt didn't.  Like I said earlier, I don't like what the writers are doing with Mercedes, but I guess I should just wait and see what their overarching plan is.  No more Glee until November?  Why are they doing this to us?!

No comments:

Post a Comment