Monday, January 28, 2013

'Boy Is a Bottom' by Willam Belli featuring Detox and Vicky Vox

The bawdy threesome are back with their parody of Alicia Keys' 'Girl On Fire'. RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 alum Willam Belli has crafted another vulgar, suggestive and incredibly hilarious tune with squirrel friends Vicky Vox and Season 5 contestant Detox. The trio is best known for their viral hit 'Chow Down (At Chick-Fil-A)'. When I figured out 'Boy Is a Bottom' was a cover of 'Girl On Fire' I was worried because it takes strong vocals to pull off what Alicia does. Alas, I need not have worried. Willam and Vicky delivered amazing performances which I was not expecting. Willam surprises me everyday. I'm also extremely glad to hear Vicky Vox because she usually stays in the background but this time she was front and center and took control. And yes, my favorite queen from Season 5 who is poised to take the crown, Detox gave another hilarious and clever rap. I can't wait for her to finally release solo music so I can hear her sing, put this will tide me over for sure! RuPaul might as well crown her America's Next Drag Superstar right now. The song also has a great bridge that I was totally not prepared for. 'Boy Is a Bottom' is sure to be another viral hit. Way to go girls! And remember to watch the season premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race Season V tonight on Logo at 9pm!

3 comments:

  1. You're more than welcome! Gotta spread the awesome music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the lyrics of the song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here they are: http://24.media.tumblr.com/6adbd2e9c449b99322937d5c9e85e1e0/tumblr_mhm208oZuX1r6zqpdo1_1280.png

      Delete