Sunday, November 13, 2011

The X Factor UK: Top 7

I know it's almost time for this week's show, but I've been busy this past week so I never got around to reviewing last week's X Factor show.  Better late than never!  The theme last week was GaGa vs. Queen, but I could have listened to an entire GaGa-themed show.  All in all the contestants did amazing, and we got to see the return of Amelia Lily!  

Little Mix
I thought Little Mix did a great job with GaGa's 'Telephone'.  They are really coming into their own and finding themselves as a group.  That Perri girl may just be my favorite singer in the group.  That girl can SANG.  I do agree with Gary's comments that they need to switch it up.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them do an acoustic ballad.  They would absolutely smash it.

Janet Devlin
I really didn't think this was as bad as the judges made it out to be.  Janet is in her comfit zone and this is what she loves.  If she's incredible when she sings what she loves then let her do it!  She's got such a beautiful voice, and this performance really showed that.

Marcus Collins
I was actually a little underwhelmed with this performance.  I agree wholeheartedly with Tulisa's comment that the whole retro / Bruno Mars thing was great the first time, but doing it again just fell flat.  Marcus can definitely do that style, but he just needs to mix it up and make it a little bit different each week.  He can definitely win the show, but I think the key for him is to constantly be reinventing himself.

Misha B
Misha's take on 'Born This Way' was so unique.  I have never heard a Stomp-esque version of the song.  It was a very interesting take on the song, and as always, Misha's vocals were flawless.  For the past two weeks she's been very stripped down, but I want to see her do something like 'Rolling In the Deep' again because that was where she truly shined as an artist.  I need the artistic Misha back!

Amelia Lily
The news about Frankie was shocking, but when I heard they were going to bring back one of the contestants I knew it would be Amelia.  She ended up getting 48% of all the votes!  That's incredible, and really shows that she has a HUGE fan base.  Her song, although being very minimalistic in terms of production, was incredible.  Her voice is amazing, and I can't wait to see what she does next week.  If she keeps it up she really could take the crown this year.

The prior week's elimination was crazy with The Risk getting the lowest amount of votes and leaving, and then Johnny being sent home by the judges.  It was definitely a little more boring without Johnny this week.  The news about Frankie was a total shocker, and I was sad to see him go, but in return we got to bring back Amelia which I really think was worth it.  In this past week's elimination I was so happy to finally see Kitty go home.  Before even watching the show it was a no-brainer that she was going to be going home.  What was not a no-brainer was Misha being in the Bottom Two again.  I don't know why people aren't voting for her, but I want her to win.  Keep voting!!  Sorry again about the lateness of this post, but this weekend's show will definitely be blogged soon afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment