Sunday, November 6, 2011

The X Factor UK: Top 9

Kelly Rowland is back and the contestants are singing "Floor Fillers" aka Dance Hits!  Just as with last week the contestants were on fire, and this was an incredible show.  People surprised me and some disappointed.  This week is the dreaded Double Elimination so we'll see how that one plays out.

Johnny Robinson
It's, Johnny!  I was actually a little disappointed with Johnny this week.  I was glad that he went back to the camp/glam style that he does so well, but I just didn't like it.  Maybe after last week's amazing performance I had my hopes too high.  With a double elimination I'm afraid this may be the last we see of him.  

Janet Devlin
Poor, Janet.  She took a risk and flubbed the lyrics.  It was great seeing her do something different, but unfortunately the judges didn't like it.  At least she tried it and learned from it.  Now next week I bet she'll blow us away!

The Risk
I thought they did an amazing job this week.  It wasn't my favorite performance of theirs, but they're really becoming a band now and showing what they're capable of.  I definitely see a place for them in the market, and they could even become an international success.

Marcus Collins
Way to go, Marcus!!!  Gary called it the performance of the season!  It was great seeing Marcus doing something different once again, and I loved the whole vibe of the performance.  I definitely think he has found his niche and is only going to grow more throughout the coming weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if he took the crown.

Frankie Cocozza
After that performance I feel like Frankie's borrowed time has finally run out.  You could tell that he was not the least bit interested in the song, and I have to blame Gary for that.  Gary should have given him a song that he could work with more.  I love Frankie, but we may be saying goodbye to him this week.

Misha B
Misha B just "put it down" for the billionth time!  I feel repetitive saying the same thing every week, but she completely slayed her performance.  No one on the show is even close to being as good as she is, and I can't wait to have her debut album in my hands next year.

Little Mix
Little Mix were great tonight!  Taking on a Rihanna song was a great choice, and their harmonies were beautiful throughout it.  I loved the little spin they put on it towards the end, and I really think they can make it to the finals.  

I think Kitty underwhlemed a lot of people this week, and I feel that she may go home.  I actually laughed when Gary said she couldn't dance because that probably devastated her since she's a Britney and GaGa impersonator who thrives on dance!  Craig was the best he's been this season.  I thoroughly enjoyed the entire performance, and I hope this gives him the courage to do more upbeat songs from now on.  My prediction for the the Double Elimination would have to be Frankie and Johnny/Kitty.  I'll be devastated if two of my favorites go home, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment