Thursday, November 17, 2011

The X Factor USA: Top 10

This week was Rock Week on The X Factor, and out of ten acts only one sang a rock-y rock song.  It was definitely an interesting night with lots of ups and downs for me.  Astro was the best once again.  The results this week should be pretty obvious and nowhere near surprising.  

Rachel Crow
Rachel this week had a mixed-feeling performance for me.  It was great in the performance and staging aspect, but I felt like the song really did not suit her as well as it could have.  So far Simon's song choices for her have been duds and Rachel's choices have been golden.  I think Simon needs to take the hint.  Even with the poor song choice Rachel was still one of the better performers of the night.

Stacy Francis
Well, I think it's safe to say that Stacy is going home this week.  Last week was just okay, but this week swas an epic fail to say the least.  She over sung the song to the point that I thought my ears were going to start bleeding, and her makeup just looked trashy.  I'm upset that she might be leaving though because she is the only of the Over-30s that I enjoy.  She completely blew her chance this week.

Melanie Amaro
I thought Melanie did a great job.  It was a very moving and strong vocal performance.  I still feel as though something's missing.  There's one last flame that needs to be ignited in order for Melanie to be able to win this competition.  Can't quite place my finger on it though.

Astro
Once again, this was the performance of the night.  Astro can take any song and put his own twist on it and make it incredible.  We are getting to the point now that we need to see some diversity from him, but otherwise he gives us flawless performances week in and week out.  Great job!

Lakoda Rayne
I thought the girls gave a strong performance this week.  It was great to see a more upbeat song from them and see them give a real "performance" rather than just standing there.  They can definitely work on their chemistry some more, but I think if they continue to work hard then they can become a great group.  Let's hope America hasn't given up on them too soon.

Drew
Say what you want about her giving the "same" performance every week, but this week's performance was spellbinding.  Her voice completely captivated me from start to finish.  By far my favorite performance of hers thus far.

You may have realized that I am no longer blogging about Marcus Canty.  Let me give you the scoop on that.  Last week and this week and through Twitter I have come to see him as being very egotistical and just very smug.  His whole attitude has turned me off, and his facial movements and hand gestures after his performances are more than annoying.  He has lost all the respect I originally had for him.  After watching the show I think the Bottom Two will probably be Stacy and Lakoda Rayne with Stacy going home.  I'd love for Josh or LeRoy to go home, but I think their fan bases are too large.  I could see Chris in the Bottom but I think he may squeak by for a few more weeks.  Luckily we get to see Rihanna perform!!

No comments:

Post a Comment