Monday, December 12, 2011

The X Factor UK: Top 2 - Finale, Pt. 2

The finale was spectacular!  It was so much fun to watch, and the anticipation was literally killing me.  I am so sad to see The X Factor come to an end once again, but this was by far my favorite season of the show.  When it all came down to it I really felt that Little Mix would win because they are so unique, and there needs to be a new big girl band in the world.  Marcus, both last night and tonight, went down the tubes.  He was so boring and picked the wrong songs.  To me there was only one clear winner.  I won't review the first performance each act gave since it was just a repeat of one of their older performances.

Marcus Collins
Marcus chose the overdone 'Last Christmas' and completely ruined it.  I was actually surprised by how horrid it was.  This was literally as bad as his first two performances.  I really don't know what went wrong with him this week.  Not up to par.

Little Mix
Their rendition of 'Silent Night' was absolutely beautiful!  It was a stripped back version that really allowed their harmonies to take center stage.  That performance was one of their best, and in my opinion gave them the edge over Marcus.

Marcus Collins
Next up is the Winner's Single, and it still surprises me to this day how they can pick such terrible songs.  Marcus was off his game and delivered a very flat performance.  There was no wow factor in his performance.  Very disappointed.

Little Mix
While the song wasn't the best choice for them either, they definitely did a much better job than Marcus.  The vocals were pretty well on point, and they delivered a solid performance.  Not the best, but solid.

After those performances Little Mix were the clear winner for me, and when I saw the expressions on their faces after they won I knew it was the perfect choice.  They're so set in their style that winning the show isn't going to harm them like most other winners.  They have a bright future ahead of them, and I can't wait to see what they have to offer.  I know that Tulisa is going to protect her Little Muffins and make sure that they release incredible music.  Another year of X Factor is done, and I want to thank you all for reading my posts every week.  I truly love doing this and can't wait for it to start up again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment