Saturday, December 10, 2011

The X Factor UK: Top 3 - The Finale, Pt. 1

We made it to the finale!!!  I can't believe it's that time of the year already.  I've watched the past three years of the show and this has to have been my favorite season yet and by far my favorite talent competition show ever.  Everything from the judges to the contestants have been absolutely spot on, and I could not have enjoyed blogging the show for you all.  It's sad to see it come to an end, but I can't wait for the musical careers of these kids to begin.  We're going to see some big stars emerge.

Marcus Collins
Marcus kicked off the show with Outkast's 'Hey Ya'.  I didn't really understand what the whole airport theme had to do with the song, and it was a little cheesy.  I didn't care for the performance at all. I thought that since this was the finale that Marcus would have blown me away, but it was just alright.  I definitely don't think he'll win after that one.

Little Mix
With an entrance on motorcycles, the little muffins did a bang up job.  It wasn't my absolute favorite performance of theirs, but it was still very entertaining and it really showed what they will bring in the future.  They are going to be huge in the UK.

Amelia Lily
The mini-Christina Aguilera taking on one of Christina's most popular songs.  She smashed it, though!  Amelia is by far my favorite of the final three, and she is going to have a huge future after this show.  I'm excited to see what she'll bring.

Marcus Collins & Gary Barlow
Marcus' duet with his mentor Gary was pretty good.  It was nice to see a slower pace after the high octane performances we had been seeing leading up to this one.  Out of the three duets I definitely thought it was the weakest, but you could see the connection that Gary and Marcus have which is really great.

Little Mix & Tulisa
Wow!  Tulisa can sing!  While it was forced at times, Tulisa actually did a very good job and she sang just as well as her little muffins.  Taking on Alicia Keys is always a risk, but the medley was incredible and it had some of the best vocals I have heard from the girls all season.

Amelia Lily & Kelly Rowland
Favorite performance of the night!  You know I love me some Kelly, and this duet with Amelia was earth shattering.  Two huge powerhouse vocalists taking on a monstrous song.  In the words of Kelly herself, they "put it down."  I could watch them perform all night; it was simply magical.

The show tonight was absolutely incredible, and I am really excited to see what is going to happen tomorrow.  It was sad to see Amelia go home in third place, but we all know she has a bright future ahead of her and I can't wait to buy her album.  Now that we are down to just Marcus and Little Mix, I'm putting my money on Little Mix to win.  They have had some great performances this week, and tonight they performed their little hearts heart.  If they win it'll be triply special because no group has ever won The X Factor, let alone a girl group.  I love Marcus, but I think Little Mix deserve it more.  I'll probably do a special post on the winner tomorrow, but I just want to say thank you to all of you for following my weekly blogs on The X Factor UK, and I can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I loved reading this post especially since it's about my fave singers. Absolutely makes me feel crazy about them because of the way you've written it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant post I'm a huge X Factor fan from China

    Review my web site ... Columbus Matt

    ReplyDelete