Tuesday, November 13, 2012

'Queens Behaving Badly' by RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race

Suffering from the loss of the talented Queens Tammie Brown and Nina Flowers last week, the remaining All Stars bade farewell to the ever kooky Tammie with an E.T. tribute (shown below). We are quickly dwindling down the competition and it's becoming fiercer than ever. Luckily, this week's episode was a huge improvement over last week's. This one has to be one of the best episodes in the herstory of the show. Ready to see the Queens behaving badly? Here we go!
For the mini-challenege, the Queens were tasked to take self-portraits as sexy macho men. Latrice was visibly upset and later remarked that she doesn't feel sexy as Timothy, which was a common theme throughout the Queens. However, when they were set to task they knocked it out of the park. Seeing these fabulous girls butch it up and be "straight men" was hilarious. I thought Chad was hilarious, but Shannel looked the same. Manila and Latrice really didn't do much. Seeing Jujubee, who is probably the most feminine as a man, butch it up was hysterical as it didn't really work, and then Raven looked more feminine than masculine. The team that really brought it was Yarlexis. Alexis got the look right, and Yara nailed it. She really did exactly what Ru asked, and I think it was perfect. Of course, Yarlexis won the mini-challenge.
#QueensWithGuyPhones
For the main challenge this week, the Queens had to take to the streets of Hollywood Boulevard to try and get passersby to do crazy stunts. Each stunt was worth a certain amount of points. The stunts varied from cracking an egg on one's head, hitting a Queen in the face with a foam hand, putting on a diaper, and spraying whip cream down one's pants. This had to be one of my top favorite challenges the Queens have ever done. It was hysterical!

First up on the main stage was Rujubee. Oh. My God. These girls look fierce. Jujubee looks amazing in her all-black dominatrix outfit. And then it's Raven. This has to be my favorite look ever from Raven. She's like an anime character, but with a hint of danger. This outfit is flawless, and I didn't even notice the "granny panties" that Michelle pointed out. Just wow. On the streets for the main challenge, I felt there was a huge disconnect between the two. I was living for the pink clown hair on Raven, but she was really boring. Juju was hilarious, and probably achieved the craziest stunt by spraying whip cream down a guy's pants. They did very well this week.

Team Shad then hit the runway and they as well blew me away. For the first time this season Shannel actually looks good. All her looks have only accentuated her extra weight, but this outfit made her look sickening. As for Chad, this has to be one of my most favorite of his looks. I love the Carol Brady two-toned hair and she looks gorgeous. On the streets, they were probably the most in-sync team and they were hilarious. Shannel was absolutely insane, and Chad looked amazing. I LOVED his outfit. It wouldn't surprise me if they won this challenge.

Time for the Latin Queens, Yarlexis. What is Yara wearing on her head?!? That hair is all kinds of ridiculous. The dress looks amazing on her, but I think the hair cheapens the quality of the look. Is that Alexis?! I've never seen her look this put together and flawless before. Yara made the outfit and it shows because it's perfect. I am living for this look. Wow! On the streets they did okay. They were the least memorable with the challenges. They're definitely in trouble this week.

My girls! Manila is letting me have it! Where does she come up with this stuff? This outfit is incredible, and I'm loving the shoe headpiece. Again, this has to be one of my most favorite outfits of hers. As for Latrice, I'm liking the high-drag look, but it's not my favorite. I feel like out of everyone's looks this week she is the weakest. As for the main challenge, Manila was my favorite. She has one of the greatest personalities ever, and she was hilarious. Latrice was funny, but for a different reason. Half the time she was digging in the trashcan looking for items, and this detracted from the overall challenge. 

In the end, Team Shad came out on top. I can't say I'm surprised. After Alexis' blowout on the main stage saying she was going to "send all you mother%@#kers home," Team Yarlexis were surprisingly declared safe. I really can't believe they were safe as it was their time to go home this week. This meant that Teams Latrila and Rujubee were in the Bottom Two. Even before the lipsync started I knew who was going home. We all know Raven is a shoe-in to win All Stars so it was logical that Latrila would be going home. Latrice and Juju elected themselves to lipsync, and what a lipsync it was. They both killed it, and Manila delivered another one of her incredible performances. It was a hard call, but in the end Latrice and Manila were told to sashay away. I really can't believe Manila got sent home so early since she was my pick to win. It's so upsetting and both girls were robbed of at least another week in the competition, but as a way to compensate the dynamic duo released 'The Chop' which is the perfect song to celebrate their time on the show and to show their love of their fans.
On Untucked we saw even more drama. What was interesting to see was that Yara and Chad both came out and admitted that they were carrying their partners through this competition. I'm glad they both acknowledged it because that is 100% the truth. On this episode everyone really came at Alexis and attacked her. I love Alexis and think she's fierce, but this season she really has been one of the worst contenders. This week's special video message came from another one of my favorite Queens from Season 2, Tatianna! "T With Tati" was Tatianna's chance to read all the girls. It was hilarious and spot on. Overall, this was a very great week of All Stars Drag Race, and even though I'm angry Latrila left, I can't wait to see next week's episode!

Mini-Challenge:





Runway Presentation:





No comments:

Post a Comment