Sunday, November 18, 2012

The X Factor UK 2012: Top 10

This week on The X Factor UK is the ever popular Halloween week! The X Factor is the only talent competition show that does a Halloween week, and I actually love it. It takes the competiton in an entirely different direction, but it's fun! This week Lucy Spraggan was too ill to perform, but she was given a pass to next week. This is the first time in history a contestant has ever been given a free pass because if they can't perform they are usually eliminated. I think it's unfair to the other contestants. However, it was a very entertaining show filled with lots of great performances.

Kye Sones
Kye finally gave a performance I actually enjoyed! Wow, I can't believe he finally pleased me. The last few weeks he's been on a downward spiral, but I thoroughly enjoyed this week's performance. Taking on a Robbie Williams song is no easy task, but he worked it out. Congrats, Kye!

Union J
Union J are a great boy band, and I really enjoy watching them week in and week out. I don't think this was their best performance, but it was still pretty darn good. This was a full-on production performance, and yet their vocals still shined through. I'm rooting for these boys!

Rylan Clark
Just when I thought I couldn't love Rylan anymore he goes and performs Britney's iconic 'Toxic'. He actually did a mash-up with 'Horny' and Nicole's own 'Poison', and the three songs together provided a fatal attraction. It was another amazing performance, and Rylan's really beginning to go all out with his performances. I love every second he is on stage, and I welcome seeing him every week.

Ella Henderson
Oooh Ella. Not a good song choice. I love Evanescence, but you just can't pull it off sweetie. Sorry. I liked the arrangement and it could have been a great performance, but her vocals just don't lend itself to the song.

Christopher Maloney
Another day, another '80s cheese fest. Really, Gary? I just can't stand Christopher anymore. His performances are so lackluster, and it's obvious no one likes him on the show. Just get rid of him already. I was happy that Tulisa finally said "How many more of these '80s classics are you going to let him destroy?" Preach, sister!

District 3
Their worst performance to date. I loved 'Every Breath You Take', but as soon as they started 'Monster' and started dancing they lost it. Their vocals went haywire, and the performance was a mess. The mash-ups need to stop because not only is it no longer novel, but it's ruining the group's chance to advance. They're a great boyband, but this performance was horrid.

Jahmene Douglas
This week Jahmene delivered a good performance. I really liked his interpretation of the song. I'm warming up to him now, and I think that's because he's finally figured out what his niche is, and he's picking the perfect songs. His vocal prowess is undeniable, but finally he's making a connection with the audience.

Jade Ellis
I love Miss Jade, but this performance was a hot mess. She has such a great voice and can go really far in this competition, but she's being hindered with song choice. She could be a really great star, but I don't think she believes in herself. She looked so uncomfortable during the performance, and it's a shame because I really want her to do good. I think she's in danger.

James Arthur
Wow! James is finally doing what he does best, and I'm loving it! Those first few weeks he disappointed me, but he's settled in and is winning me over once again. His vocals were much better, and as always I loved his rendition of the classic 'Sweet Dreams'. The perfect Halloween performance!

Based on the performances I would say that Jade and District 3 are in danger. It turns out that Jade and Union J received the lowest amounts of votes. Why did no one vote for Union J? That was surprising, but at least we know that no matter how good Jade is Union J will still be sticking around. This was an easy decision, and the three judges all sent Jade home. No surprise there. Next week is #1s!

No comments:

Post a Comment