Tuesday, February 26, 2013

'Your Touch' by Blake Lewis

Behind Adam Lambert, the Season 6 runner-up on American Idol, Blake Lewis, is my favorite artist to ever come from the show. His musicality and artistry, as well as his phenomenal beat boxing skills, won me over when he competed, and everyone in my house was outraged when he lost to Jordin Sparks. His performance of 'You Give Love a Bad Name' is still the greatest thing to have ever been done on Idol (in my opinion). Unfortunately, people just have not embraced his electronic sound in the past. His debut album A.D.D. (Audio Day Dream) peaked at #10 on the Billboard chart, and his far superior sophomore album Heartbreak On Vinyl peaked at #135. His singles have basically garnered no attention, but I think this is all about to change. With the rise in electronic/dubstep/house music over the past couple years I think that his forthcoming album Portrait of a Chameleon will have a much better chance. Blake just released the debut single from the album, 'Your Touch', and it's very good. It's got a crazy beat that you won't forget anytime soon, and I love his vocals just as much as when he was on Idol. I think this is a great song, and it's also being featured in the new Internet Explorer TV ads which should help the song out immensely. This may finally be Blake's time to shine and get the recognition that he truly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment