Friday, March 29, 2013

'If I Lose Myself' by One Republic

So I've been totally out of the loop with One Republic recently, and since I very rarely listen to the radio while I'm at school I've totally missed out on this gem of a song. One Republic just released their new album Native, and the official first single from the album was actually released back in January. 'If I Lose Myself' was finally brought to my attention when I watched the American Idol results show last night when the band performed the song, and had Season 5's runner-up and star of Smash, Katharine McPhee, join them. I was sucked in immediately by the song, and having Katharine sing on it was the cherry on top. The song is this light, electro infused sound that makes them stand out and yet fit right in with the current music scene. It's very Coldplay-esque in many respects. The song entrances me. 'If I Lose Myself' is actually about Ryan Tedder's fear of flying, and he's on a plane that's hurtling towards the ground, but he finds hope and solace in looking to his side and seeing the woman he loves sitting next to him going through what he's going through. It's a beautiful song, and is my new Springtime jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment