Thursday, July 18, 2013

'Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)' by Lana Del Rey

When Lana Del Rey performed on Saturday Night Live she got so much flack for her performances as they were, literally, horrendous. I vowed on that late Saturday night/early Sunday morning that I would never be a fan of hers. My how the tides have changed. Back at the beginning of summer vacation I decided to give her music a chance after falling hopelessly in love with 'Young and Beautiful' from The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I downloaded her albums, and I have listened to them so many times since then. I cannot get enough of her entrancing voice, and her dark yet ethereal music. She's a rare artist, and I wish more people would give her a chance. And it seems like finally they are.
Even though the album came out a few years ago now, 'Summertime Sadness' is now being played on radio, albeit in an altered format. Cedric Gervais crafted this dance remix that is finally getting Lana some national exposure. I've heard it on the radio twice now, and it sounds incredible. Although the original track will always be better, this dance remix has some siiiiiick beats - it's literally orgasmic. It really stands out on the radio with Lana's unique voice, and I really think people are starting to take notice. Even though I wish she was recognized a bit more for her original sound, I just hope that this mainstream success will lead to bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment