Tuesday, September 3, 2013

'Loved Me Back to Life' by Céline Dion

I've never really been a fan of Celine Dion. She's one of those artists that has an older audience, and so she's not played on Top 40 radio. However, that doesn't discredit how phenomenal of an artist and a singer she is. 'My Heart Will Go On' from Titanic, as cheesy as it is, is one of my all-time favorite songs. Celine is getting ready to release her eleventh English language studio album (twenty-fifth overall), her first since 2007, and today she released the first single. 'Loved Me Back to Life' is written by the phenomenal Sia, and it is a huge power ballad. In some ways I'm surprised by how much I love this song, and at the same time I'm not because I know it was written by Sia. It's got some old school influences in it that are typical Celine, but then it's very updated and if it were given a chance at radio could probably do a decent run. Sia is a genius when it comes to music, and with Celine singing her song it transcends beauty. There were a few points where the lyrics, coupled with Celine's voice gave me chills. If Celine's Loved Me Back to Life is as good as this track then I'm so ready to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment